Sunday, May 6, 2007

Business and Pets

Business

I just completed a 10 day Successful Consulting and Contracting Workshop in Vancouver. What a great program! We learned gorilla marketing, where to look for information to start your Marketing Plan, Public Speaking, Project Management, Proposals and Negotiating, What Colour we are and how to play nice with the other colours, Small Business Law, Small Business Accounting and how to apply for a Government Contract.

OK, so we don't know everything about all those subjects, it was 10 days after all. But at least we know where to look for more information. It was an amazing group of people, so now my brain is full and I'm fired up to move forward.

Pets

On the soap box again .. I have two cats, I paid attention to the the pet food poisonings. I was feeding my animals Innova, which was not affected, but still read any articles I could find.

This morning I was reading an article in the Canada FreePress called "No nice guys among robber barons in pet food industry", by Judi McLeod. The contaminated pet food was sold as feed for chickens and hogs and so entered the human food chain. The US FDA assures us melamine is not a threat to humans. Why am I not comforted by this statement?

The wheat gluten was bought by ChemNutra, the Las Vegas pet food supplier from Xuzhou Anying Biologic Technology Development, it was imported by Suzhou Textiles Silk Light & Industrial Products then sold to pet food manufacturers. Guess this makes a good case for the 100 Mile Diet.

A lot of pet owners are looking for alternative diets for their pets, but I wonder where we find credible information for claims of "natural" and "raw food" diets?